my fence project, or why fence guys charge a lot.

Discussion in 'Christmas Trees & Seasonal' started by David Gretzmier, Dec 24, 2011.

1. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

Nice looking fence!
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

You still could make a corner to support the gate by cutting back into the parking lot 2-4ft but then you kind of lose that space. That would support your gate on a corner.

Can you snap some close ups of those hinge's? the last time I had to span a good distance, local hardware stores didn't sell anything that heavy. I had found a guy/blacksmith and he forged me some really heavy duty hinge's.

3. cmturner

cmturner LawnSite Member

I am thinking that all you are missing now is a moat and a draw bridge, lol.

4. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

I will try to snap a pick tomorow morning when the fix it guys go out. The hinges are really designed to use a 5/8" x 4 inch U-bolt around a 4 inch steel pole. they look about 3/16" thick. they have teeth on the inside to grip the pole. I will let that side dig into the oak posts.

5. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

Northern tool has some great wheel assist for gates. They work great. You install them at the opposite side from the hinges at the bottom of the gate.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. lawnguy423

lawnguy423 LawnSite Member

That fence of yours looks great. I even liked reading and looking at the pics of you werehouse. You really build things to last a long time.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

you build a fence like i do, very nice.

8. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

That is probably the nicest fence I have ever seen, makes me feel embarassed about mine. Went cheap on mine at home, neighbor was tired of looking at the dog **** in my yard, so went half in on a fence, and they wanted there half to be as cheap as possible lol.

9. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

got back from vacation number 1 and had some time to stain fence, used 25 gallons of stain and adds 625 to cost of fence. but it now matches barn building and looks great. hopefully should add some life to fence as well. 2 photos-

photo.jpg

photo2.jpg

10. lawnguy423

lawnguy423 LawnSite Member

That looks great. I can't wait till I could have a business big enough to get a fence that nice.
    Posted via Mobile Device