My Final Postacrd Design- ADVICE PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by topchoice, Feb 2, 2007.

1. topchoice

topchoice LawnSite Member

I have been working on this thing now for a week and think I have the final draft- I hope! I am looking for some serious advice, I am wanting to submit this ASAP. Thanks for all of the help in advance!

PostCard1.jpg

PostCard1-Back.jpg

2. topchoice

Oh ya, what size would you pick for the postcard, 4x6 or 5x8?????

3. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

Well if the dotted lines are where it is going to be cut I would say your text (top and bottom) is WAY too close to the edge...if not then you are fine. Also the whole estimate bit on the back doesn't say what it includes...some idiot customers might think its for fertilizer and cutting or just fert...I know it says weekly but people are idiots and need things laid out in print in black and white. Hope this helps

4. Ric3077

Bigger is better but go with what you can afford

5. Ric3077

Also I would get rid of CALL SHAWN and put CALL US...it will make it sound like you are a bigger company and not some kid looking for beer money

6. topchoice

I designed this on gotprint and they said that the outer line was where it was going to be cut and they suggested that all font etc stay within the dashed lines. Hope this is accurate! Also, I agree with you on the back, you always have to assume the worst! Thanks!

7. topchoice

Gotprint has 1000 5x8 both sides with color for $130- includes shipping. (14pt stock with UV protection) Sounds like a heck of a deal to me or am I being mislead!?!

8. Ric3077

that is pretty good

9. Ric3077

And you did stay within the lines, but what I am saying is once it is cut your fonts will be at the very top and very bottom of the card and there should be like at least an 1/8 of an inch of space I think...

10. topchoice

You might be right, but I do believe they make the cut on the outer solid, small black line which is probably 1/8 of an inch from the font. Have you ordered from gotprint before or has anybody ordered from them and is this statement true?