My first Acre account...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by THRIFTY, Mar 12, 2008.

1. THRIFTY

THRIFTY LawnSite Member
    from (913)

Up until this year I only advertised on very small 1/8 and 1/4 acre accounts. This year though I have an oppurtunity to mow 2 accounts right at an acre a piece. My only concern is that the largest mower in my arsenal is 36'' and I didn't know if anyone else out thier is currently or has mowed acre lots with a single 36'' walk-behind or stander? Im sure alot of you have, I am just curious? Anyone know any general figure on how long it would take with a 36'' Stander to mow? Also, what is the average going rate these days for Acre lots? Both lots are fairly flat with minimal obstacles? Any help would be appreciated.

-Matt-

2. Indy Kyle

Indy Kyle LawnSite Member

Go to your mower's manufacturer web-site, it should tell you how long it takes to mow an acre with your particular mower.

3. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

It wont take you too long. Straight mowing less then an hour.

Wilson, I charge about $65.00 per acre. That does not include trimming though. You will get about 350 different answers though.

4. THRIFTY

THRIFTY LawnSite Member
    from (913)

Thanks Shawnee local! :usflag: We should go get some lunch sometime this summer...

5. IN2MOWN

Anytime. Where in Shawnee are you?

6. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

At a speed of 8mph you should be able to mow 2.3 acres/hour. At 6mph you should be mowing 1.75 acres/hour. Both calculations are at 80% efficiency to allow for turning and overlap.

7. THRIFTY

THRIFTY LawnSite Member
    from (913)

Western, at about K-7 and Johnson Dr. I'm real close to Bonner Springs... What about you?

8. THRIFTY

THRIFTY LawnSite Member
    from (913)

Thankyou sir!

9. IN2MOWN

Midland Drive between SMP and 435.

I used to work for a guy that lives out on Clare and 55th long time ago. Still do snow removal for him.

10. THRIFTY

THRIFTY LawnSite Member
    from (913)

Boresow's Lawn Enforcement? Kansas Land Management?