Lawn Care Forum banner

My first bobcat break down

7K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  cat2 
#1 ·
I noticed that my front wheel bearing is leaking, must be the seal. And the hydraulic cylinder is leaking a little. This the very first break down on this machine. Anyone else have wheel bearings leak before? Monday i'll have to call bobcat and order a seal

#13 ·
You still sound like a broken record and Abbotsford called. They want their village idiot back.:dizzy:
825 hours and things are breaking down, you would expect those kinds of issues out of a better built machine at around 4000 hours, not 800.

And Abbotsford has their own group of villiage idiots already, they are called the UN Gang.

#17 ·
If a Bobcat has bearing problems at less than 2,000 hours I would say that is a bad thing. Generally, a rule of thumb is that the axle seals and bearings last 4 tire replacements or more. If you are leaking only when running it is not that big of a deal. Leaking while parked is typically only from old, worn out bearings that tear out the seal. Jack it up and wiggle the tire to see if it is loose. The chain case oil is typically filled over the axle level so it will lubricate the bearings.

#22 ·
What size is that big nut in the middle of the wheel? The wheel bearings get their oil from the chain case correct? Because i see that the hydraulic sight glass is empty now
The sight glass should be for hydro reservoir. The chaincase you check from front machine when parked on level surface, arms raised.

#23 ·
hate to dig up this old thread, but i got busy and never fixed the leaks. And they fixed themselves. Its been many months now, and never leaked a drop. I never seen that happen before. Sure is strange. So to this day, never had one problem with the bobcat :weightlifter:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.