1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

My first fall cleanup!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by pattytastik, Sep 28, 2011.

1. pattytastik

pattytastik LawnSite Senior Member

This is my first Fall Cleanup. I used a 21in toro super recycler, a rake, and a Echo pb-500.

Fallcleanup1.JPG

Fallcleanup2.JPG

Fallcleanup3.JPG

Fallcleanup4.JPG

Fallcleanup5.JPG

2. ny scaper

ny scaper LawnSite Member

Looking good as usual!! Hows that 500 blow leaves?

3. pattytastik

Thanks man! The Echo is awesome! Just the amount of power I need out of a blower (although I could see why some LCO's would need a stronger blower)

4. ny scaper

So did it blow those leaves no problem?! Might get one for cleanups. Dont have funds for a 600Mag

5. pattytastik

Yeah it was fine for this kind of a cleanup, not sure how it would do with larger cleanups (stacks of wet leaves). This job had relatively minimal leaves and they were all pretty much dry.

6. ron mexico75

ron mexico75 LawnSite Bronze Member

So how did you do it? Blow all the leaves to the street, tarp and dump on a trailer or truck? Just curious.

Looks good.

7. pattytastik

I mowed over it twice (bagged) and blew/raked the sidewalks and remainder of leaves into 2 or 3 small piles and put them in 2 contractor bags. Job took 1 hour by myself.

8. XLS

XLS LawnSite Silver Member

PM me if you dont want to say on the open fourm , What does thoes sized lots go for mowing season and for cleanups. I am curious looks like a high end house but could be wrong just dont see that style home anywhere around here.

looks good!

9. ny scaper

Gotcha thanks man!!!

10. pattytastik

Well, I primary work in Philadelphia (not suburbs) so it's a very competitive priced area. This house isn't very high end, but I could see how it would look like one from the picture. The lawn in $30 per cut (every 2 weeks). The Fall cleanup (just the front yard) was $60. Keep in mind, I am 17 so my prices are unfortunately expected to be lower than many companies on here.