My first full week

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ChadsLawn, Jul 29, 2006.

1. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I know most of you will say that my week compared to yours was a peice of cake. I understand it is.

This past week was my first full 5 day work week (doing what I should have never stopped). Let me tell you, after 2 years in air condition and gaining 40lbs because of no excersize. I was beat tired everyday. The first 3 days were re-sodding my sisters yard. Then Thirsday was "brother can you do this can you do that for me". Friday I mowed my 6 yards Ive gotten from my fliers. I dont remember taking this many breaks when I was cutting grass 2 years ago. I would soak a sweat ban in 15 minutes. My shirt was soaked in 30 minutes. So after I was done with each task, Id go to my truck and drink about a cup of gatorade stand in the shade to cool down. Once cooled down, Id move onto the next task.

The heat doesnt bother me as much as the sweat that pours into my eyes after my sweat ban is soaked. I dont remember ever sweating as much as I do now. I guess I have to get used to the heat and type of work again.

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Congrats on the first full week :clapping:

Yeah the heat takes some getting used to. I'll have to find the link, but I read an article in the paper that said it takes most people 2-3 weeks to get acclimated to being out in high temps...the body undergoes several adjustments to work more efficiently outdoors.

You will still sweat your azz off though :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Buy more sweat bands :laugh:
  3. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Just think at the end of next month you'll be 40 lbs. lighter!:walking:

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

30 min for the shirt- you are doing great. 30 sec. is about all I got last week. I was up on a ladder checking windows on a house last week and I almost had to be carried down. Drink a lot of water, stay hydrated and if you can get into A/C-- DO IT!!
  5. GardnerLandscaping

GardnerLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I'm having problems with sweating as well. I carry a rag in my pocket to wipe sweat when it starts blinding me.

I don't remember it being this bad either back when I was in college doing this work but back then I was playing rugby and walking all over campus too.