My first Job on my own.

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by 02powerstroke, Apr 1, 2007.

1. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke LawnSite Member

Here are some pics from a job I did I'am 19 and bought my own bobcat to do side jobs and hear are some pics tell me what you think.

Before
    [​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke LawnSite Member

packed up going home

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Looks Good.

It always ssems like you need a bigger trailer before it is over with.:)

4. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

nice work!

5. Mjh Excavating

Mjh Excavating LawnSite Member

Looks terrible, doesn't look like grass was cut out, edges aren't straight, and looks like you might bite your tongue off driving on it. It doesn't look thick enough either, next year when the frost goes out it should be a muddy mess.

6. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

02PowerStroke.....so there you have it, two sides of the same coin.....someone says great and someone says sh*t........to me it all depends on the scope of work that was agreed upon and none of us have been privey to that. To me, it looks as though the cuts are right, you removed a couple trees and cut the wood into fire wood, and roughed in the drive area with existing material. That's what I see.

7. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Not a bad job done with just a skid steer. If all the homeowner wanted was a driveway roughed in they got it.

8. Mjh Excavating

Mjh Excavating LawnSite Member

It looks to me like item was delivered and spread on top of existing grade. If that is an acceptable job to the homeowner, regardless of scope of work, then that is pretty sad. It is not that hard to level and smooth item. He asked what we thought of the job. My opinion.

9. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

The tree, closest to the cut bank, on the left side of the drive should have been taken out also. Looks like a bunch of roots were distroyed.

10. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks like to me it is definitely better than what they had before. As someone else stated it depends on what the home owner wanted and what they where paying for. To me being 19 years old you are off to a good start. Yeah the tree on the left could have came out but first question is this. Was the home owner willing to pay to have it removed. From the looks I don't think they where willing to invest allot. I think one thing that we all have to remember is only do the work the customer is willing to pay for. Things can always be made to look better in just about every case. Nice looking truck, trailer, and bobcat