My first job.

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by sicnj, Jan 8, 2008.

1. sicnj

sicnj LawnSite Senior Member

i should have charged a little more didn't have the confidence at that time

2. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

I am not quite sure how you guys arrive at the $3000.00 price. Unless there's something I am not seeing here, that job would take 2 of my installers about a day and a half. At our labor rate, that would be about $1800 for labor. It looks like there are just about 100 blocks there. At $5.50 per block, that's $550.00. Maybe 2 yards of gravel at the most, that's $80. So I'd be charging about $2430.00 for that job. And we are typically more expensive than most of our competition. A lot of contractors would charge only $2000 or so for that job.

How long did it take you to do this job and how many workers?

3. John Zaprala

John Zaprala LawnSite Senior Member

Nice job man... I have to agree to disagree with the pricing. We are always the highest or close to it when we bid and I'd come in under $3K??? Why did you choose to price by the sq ft? And for $3K why not use a better product? I think the job's a great first project, but I think for the price, a nicer block would be nice...with caps

4. John Zaprala

John Zaprala LawnSite Senior Member

By first job, I'm assuming that means first hardscape and not first landscape in general right?

5. sicnj

sicnj LawnSite Senior Member

Yes that was my First time Hardscaping. actually i helped another landscaper one day on a hardscpae so i would know what i was doing. This is not my favorite block at all. I wish i could have used caps on it.