My first landscaping job for a neighbor.

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by jbannick18, Aug 2, 2007.

1. jbannick18

jbannick18 LawnSite Senior Member

Just wanted to know what everyone thought of my landscaping job. This is my first :). Thanks

2. GroundEffects125

GroundEffects125 LawnSite Senior Member

Looks real nice is that rubber mulch or cypress mulch
  3. jbannick18

Its the red cypress mulch. Thanks for the reply ^^
  4. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

Some lights and day lilys or hostas would fill in all the free space and help add some color. Good job though, and hopefully the neighbor will think so to and hire you to do some work as well.....
  5. jbannick18

Yea i believe he wants to do lights for his palm trees but his financial situation is not to good right now. The original plan for this was to do plants with it but it just got to costly. I'm not experienced in the lighting area of the business, could anyone recommend the type of light to use for the palm trees. More of a spotlight or floodlight?
  6. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

very nice work
  7. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Nice face lift. In the future steer yourself away from the Lowe's building blocks for walls. Look into masonry, boulders or segmental (paver/block) walls for a nicer touch. Good job though.
  8. JJG84

JJG84 LawnSite Member
    from OH-IO

i agree with tthomass 100%
  9. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Well, that certainly gave the house a nice facelift. It looks much better.

One thing that bugs me is the wall. The curving shape of the wall is nice. But it doesn't seem to be level at all. And IMO, every wall should be level, even a small one. Also, IMO you shouldn't see the back side of a wall block. If you are seeing the backside of a wall block then someone built the wall too tall.
  10. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

Hostas don't do well in FL, specialy on what seems to be a south facing side.