My first "large" project

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by merrimacmill, Apr 23, 2008.

1. merrimacmill

merrimacmill LawnSite Senior Member

This is my first year, and we've done quite a few small mulch and clean up jobs, but heres a few before and after pictures of our first "large" job. We put in a few new planting beds, no plants though, gravelwalks, redid the gravel borders on some of the beds, and did 16 yards of premium hemlock mulch. I know this is not a large job to some, but its the biggest I've done so far. Took about 3.5 to 4 hours to spread all 16 yards with 3 guys.

In the second picture, that chunk out of the lawn isn't from my edging, its from whoever plowed the property.

IMG_1266.jpg

IMG_1280.jpg

2. CALandscapes

CALandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

very nice work!

4. merrimacmill

heres a couple more...

IMG_1268.jpg

IMG_1284 (1).jpg

5. merrimacmill

more........

IMG_1282.jpg

IMG_1272.jpg

IMG_1283.jpg

6. J. Peterson Grading

J. Peterson Grading LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

Did you do all that with that baby Deere of yours? Lol Nice work.

Peterbilt from plowsite

7. J. Peterson Grading

J. Peterson Grading LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

Be proud of this. You did it all in-house. You didn't bring in 5 different subs then claim it YOUR BIGGEST job yet, like other guys on this site.

J.

8. merrimacmill

Yes I did lol. It works great for stuff like that since its so light. I filled my 14 foot trailer with 10 yards of mulch. I would then scoop out a bucket (1/3 of a yard), two of the guys would put two wheel barrows together and I would dump into both at once. By time I was done scooping the next bucket they were back with the wheel barrows and had them lined up for more. It went really fast doing this.

Also, I spread a few yards of dirt out in the back yard with my baby deere, and a 6 foot landscape rake. That thing always impresses me with what it can do.

Thanks for the compliments guys!

9. Tim03

Tim03 LawnSite Member

Do you have a pic of this baby deere handy?

10. merrimacmill

J. Peterson, thought you might like this picture of my "baby deere" lol. We raked out about 10 yards of sod, and sandy soil with the landscape rake doing a lawn reno. And heres a real nice picture that a buddy got of it dumping a load for my website I'm working on.

IMG_1259.jpg

IMG_1232 - Version 2.jpg