My First Manifold

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by ZX12R, Aug 5, 2008.

1. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

In another thread,I said I would post pics my progress. To refresh your memory,I do not install irrigation systems for hire,I am a landscape contractor,and this is for my house. Right now,I have 5 zones which are for the beds.They are operated by manual ball valves and I am changing it over to electric. I currently do not have irrigation for the lawn,but,I will be doing that also as time permits. Bear with me as I am doing this in my spare time after work.

Below are pics of the manifold. When its all wired up in the valve boxes,I will post more pics.Once again,thank you to all who have shared their imput and knowledge in helping me do this.It is very much appreciated. If you see anything that you would to make it better or more effecient,I am all ears! Be nice.....:rolleyes:

PS: I have a question or two about these valves,but,I will ask when I am ready to turn the system on.

085.JPG

049.JPG

2. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

I think you have a leak.

3. ZX12R

LOL,its probably going to leak where its triple clamped. I won't let Captain hear the end of it if it does. :)

4. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

You don't have continuous drainage to the end or a drain on the end. this will cause water to sit in a couple of fittings and cause freeze damage. Good luck! :)

5. ZX12R

Could you elaborate on that please? I was going to leave the end capped in case I wanted to add a zone later. I figured I would be safe by blowing the system out in october or so? What should I have in place of that end cap?

6. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Boiler drain. Spigot. Anything to allow water out.

7. ZX12R

Oh ok,I will attach a threaded ball valve in place of that cap. Thanks DanaMac!

8. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Best valve on the market for the money IMHO. Rock solid performers.

9. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

You could still have a problem though. Mainline tees, water flows to the right in the pic, then goes VERTICAL in the ell to the manifold tees. That water before the tees will not defy gravity and push uphill without assistance. You should probably have it blown out in the fall just in case.

10. Tom Tom

Tom Tom LawnSite Bronze Member

Not in cold climates