1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

My first mower!!!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Classified, May 26, 2008.

1. Classified

Classified LawnSite Senior Member

Well I picked up 70 accounts last week so I figured I had to head down to the home depot to pick up a mower so i can start cutting tomorrow.

What do you think?

I bet it would cut circles around all your fancy zero turn mowers!!!

IMG00181.jpg

IMG00180.jpg

IMG00182.jpg

2. totallawncare25

totallawncare25 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

shoot what is wrong with that go get it dirty and make some money back with it.... Let it pay for itself LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!

3. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

But hurry and make at least $300 a week with it so you can stock up on replacement engines and just change them out at the end of every week. Or at the very least, stock up on replacement carburetors so you can change em out once a month.

4. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

I bought one of those 4 years ago for my in town house, and I think it lasted half a year mowing the smallest yard I have ever seen about every 2 weeks. It didn't last a season...lol. Not to make you feel bad about your purchase, heck a guy brought a brand new Craftsman push mower to the shop the other day he paid $499 for!! it had electric start, and self propelled, but you have to be kidding me....lol It mowed his yard once, and then he couldn't get it to start again. I had a used Dixon zero turn all serviced and ready to go I would have sold him for $499.....I told him too. He is trying to get his money back...lol

5. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

Good luck on doing 70 accounts with that.

I bet you won't make it through half without problems. sorry.

6. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

I'm sure hes just pulling our leg...He has commercial equipment..just look at his sig. he has also posted his equipment pics on here..TTHP Ect....

7. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

oh..ooops, now i feel like a jacka$$

8. Classified

Classified LawnSite Senior Member

Bladescapes why you gotta be so harsh on a 2 year old tryn to make some cash. I just want to be bling bling!

LOL, yeah im just kidding around. I did just buy it from home depot though. I just needed a cheapie little mower for a couple tight spots on a few of my commercial jobs. Figure it will take less time then using the trimmer. I do hope it lasts awhile, i spent the extra money over the yard machines that was $130 hoping for something that will last me a couple years mowing a few srtipes of grass a couple times a week. First time I bought a non commercial unit for my company, just didnt want to spend $1000 right now on a 21" mower. this one was mucho cheapo

9. therealdeal412

therealdeal412 LawnSite Member

I have the same exact mower but mine is self-propelled, I bought it off a guy for $125

10. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

They're both made by MTD, you should have just bought the Yard Machines and saved whatever that extra money was.