1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

my first nice riding mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mikal, Jun 14, 2002.

1. mikal

mikal LawnSite Member

last year money was real tight and i bought my first new riding tractor, dont laugh, a yard machine 13hp. It is was ok for a short while but there is nothing but hills and steep banks here in western MD. Ive learned how hills rip up belts so I whent into debt and bought a 2166 shaft drive cub cadet and ohhh man. Even though MTD makes cub that thing is like going from a chevette to a cadilac.:) wippeee
  2. Miller Mowing

Miller Mowing LawnSite Member

Congratulations on getting a new mower! :) I know several people that run Cub Cadets and really like 'em! I am sure you will really enjoy yours too! Have fun with it, and I hope it gives ya many years of trouble-free service.
  3. ADMowing

ADMowing LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Congrats! Feels good, doesn't it?? :D :D
  4. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats on the new purchase! It will be paid for in NO TIME for sure!
  5. Dr. Greenthumb

Dr. Greenthumb LawnSite Member

I would rather have my chevy than a cadilac.:angry:
  6. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

Movin' on up the 'mower ladder' is a good thing!

I hope your new machine serves you well. It surely must be a nicer ride than the Yard Machine.

I've got a Cub Cadet 1000 that was made in 1978. 10 hp 'cast iron' Kohler. A great machine from back in the days of International Harvester. Been slowly restoring it over the last couple of years. That thing will flat cut some grass. :D
  7. C4chris70

C4chris70 LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats on your new purchase. Best of luck!
  8. cowman66

cowman66 Banned

way to go! good luck to you and your buisness