My first Patio install

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Gilla Gorilla, Aug 30, 2004.

1. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

Here is some before and after pics. The patio was raised about 16 inches on the back side furthest away from the house and was 12' X 12'.

All I have to say to you guys that are looking into doing paver work is put the bid together and then multiply it by 1.5 at least so you dont loose you ass like I did. But hey it was a great learning experience and hopefully now I can start to make some good money doing these kind of installs in the future.

Thanks for looking

nicks patio 1.jpg

2. Gilla Gorilla

and another pic while in progress

nicks patio 4.jpg

3. Gilla Gorilla

I screwed up and forgot to take into account that there needed to be a cap on the top row of the wall blocks. I reliezed this after we already had the three walls up three blocks high. So we had to improvise instead of taking the walls back down I just added two rows of caps high. It is not the best look but hey it works and the customer has know idea what happened and has not mentioned anything about the double high caps

nicks patio 6.jpg

4. Gilla Gorilla

Here is a pic with most of the pavers installed

nicks patio 10.jpg

5. Gilla Gorilla

and another with most of the pavers down

nicks patio 12.jpg

6. Gilla Gorilla

One with all of the pavers down

nicks patio 21.jpg

7. Gilla Gorilla

And the last one for tonight

nicks patio 23.jpg

8. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks very good for your first patio job, i don't care for that double cap thing but like you said it was a mistake, oh well, as long as the customer is happy, good job keep up the good work.

Jeff

9. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks good, but I'm not completely "sold" on the double cap either.:)

You really should have buried at least 1/2 of the base course, btw. I hope you are planning on bringing up the grade in front of the wall a bit. You need some embedment for stability purposes......

Dan

10. Gilla Gorilla

Yeah Dan I was planning on bringing in some more stone dust in front of the back wall. I will probably build it back up to the top of the second block from the ground next week. I would have preferred only one row of caps but you gotta do what you gotta do some times right.

Thanks