My first paver install.

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by KeystoneLawn&Landscaping, Oct 2, 2012.

1. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

What the He(( is up with the bond lines ?

2. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

Looking good!
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

I'm about to engage on my first paver walkway, hope it turns out as nice as yours did. I'm trying to get a hint on how to bid it? it's a 150' long 4 1/2 ' wide I know the pavers all cost different but just a close estimation would be nice?

4. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

10k cash
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

I really don't like how the pavers look crooked on your walkway, maybe its the pattern but it doesn't lend to an attractive design. Other than that, its kinda hard to tell but it looks like you did an ok job.

6. KeystoneLawn&Landscaping

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

The pavers were laid perpendicular to the house and porch. Those line were kept in the walkway. The walkway went the way it did based on the free stack wall and hedge. IMO, changing the lines in the walk wouldn't have looked as good.

7. KeystoneLawn&Landscaping

8. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

In a situation like that I would of just put the entire pattern on a 45deg. It wouldn't of looked so out of line that way. There is always something to learn from any job you do, and one of the most important is planning and drawing a design to scale. This way you can get a birds eye view of what the project will look like when finished. You may of done a plan already but were you aware of how this would look exactly when it was finished.

9. KeystoneLawn&Landscaping

I did go back and forth with the customer on how to lay the pattern and how the walk was going to look with each possibility. The 45 idea did come up, but they choose this way because they didnt like the idea of the patio looking crooked to the house. They choose to have the walk the way it is. I wasn't to keen on the 45 either. When working with so many existing obstacles, compromise needed to be made.

10. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Next time you could break it at the walk with a rowlock. I've done that before in similar situation and it also saves tons of time on cuts
    Posted via Mobile Device