My first post: Please help Lesco question?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gonecuttinggrass, Mar 20, 2005.

1. gonecuttinggrass

gonecuttinggrass LawnSite Member

I have been a member for a few weeks now and have read a lot of threads about best and worst mowers. I have read very little about Lesco mowers and the ones that I have seen are negative. I have been mowing for 16 years and have been using Lesco mowers for 8 years. I still use my 8 years old 48" walk behind. My only bad mowers was my Lesco Viper ZTR because they tried using a stamped deck. Does anyone have any information on the new version of the Viper, which they now call the Z2 with a rigid fab deck which is suppose to cut a lot better. Any information about Lesco products would be appreciated.
    Thanks, Vince

2. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

a friend of mine has a Z2 and loves it. That will be my next Z. Its a great improvment from the viper. Same machine as the cub TANK. You can look at that and see the same mower. Good luck

3. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

I demoed a 60 inch Z Two. Last summer. I really liked the mower. The seat felt like you were sitting on a lazyboy. Very comfortable. Had a Peco bagging system on in and really didn't care to much for that. I run a 60 inch exmark with a ultra vac system and it bags much better. So I am staying with that since I bag alot of my lawns. but for the price of around $6000 for a 60inch Z Two. You can't beat that. Very good mower for the money.

4. gonecuttinggrass

gonecuttinggrass LawnSite Member

chefdrp how do u like your 48in lesco with the flotimg deck i have never used a w/b with one

5. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

We have a 12 year old 36" and a 10year old 48" in our stable.

I have nothing bad to say about Lesco mowers

6. crzymow

crzymow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa

my only complaint really with the my Lesco mowers are that i keep getting cracks in my decks. My partner and myself are the only ones that use them, and believe me dont beat on them at all. Just yesterday i took my deck off of my 36", removed spindles and painted it. But before i did, had to weld 4 different spots on it that were cracked. I mean i had a 3 inch crack in the middle of the deck. But i also have to say these are the only mowers we have owned, so i dont have much to really compare them to. I guess all in all i havent really had any problems besides that.

7. HayBay

HayBay LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

54" Cub Cadet tank here, love it. I would like to get my hands on a 72" Lesco z2 with the generac, but I haven't heard back from them about selling to canadians.

Welded deck on mine with the Peco type Collection system.