My first postcard.... any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by zz4guy, Jan 25, 2007.

1. zz4guy

zz4guy LawnSite Senior Member

What do you guys think? I'm just getting into the lawn business part time now.

Is there anything that I'm missing? Anything that should be different? Thanks guys.

[​IMG]

2. firstdew

firstdew LawnSite Member

Looooove it! The red phone on the green grass really pops out! 2 tips - take 'em or leave 'em. Unless you plan on using all of them for the Spring, you might consider dropping the "this Spring" so that you can use them at a later time. It may even save you an art charge when you go to reprint. Also, I don't see an area code. Where we are, there are 2 area codes we serve. Also, with so many people keeping their cell #'s, I'm never sure where I'm calling anymore!

Good luck!

3. rockymtnmf

rockymtnmf LawnSite Member

For your first postcard it's not too bad. Like Firstdew said, I'd put an area code in there. It would balance out that text area. But the thing I dont like is i think it should read "Tired of mowing the Lawn every year? The reasn why is... The heading calls it "Grass Mowing" and your next bullet calls it "Lawn Mowing."

Put a discount offer on there 20% off first cut... whatever. You need a reason for them to call you.

My opinions!

4. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I might change the mowing the grass every year to tired of mowing the grass every week. I dont know why really just reminds them they are going to have to do it every week and makes them remember all they time they spend. Just my opinion do like the design though

5. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

I like it!

But yeah, add your area code simply to "fill in" the space there.

And change "every year" to "every week".

6. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

you spelled seeding wrong

7. zz4guy

zz4guy LawnSite Senior Member

I updated it. What do you think? Does it make you want to call Mike's Lawn Care??

Front:
    [​IMG]

Back:
    [​IMG]

8. ubirajara83

ubirajara83 LawnSite Member

dont see it

9. ubirajara83

ubirajara83 LawnSite Member

I would throw some discount coupons in there so people have an incentive to call your biz not the other million competition out there.

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

the first letter style is MUCH easier to read. You did the right thing to get rid of the word "yard", though.