My First Theft

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnspecialties, Oct 25, 2005.

1. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

:realmad: I've had my own business since '99. Last Friday while mowing my largest account (a large church!), somebody was able to sneak in and steal my RedMax EB8000 and EBZ4800. The 8000 was two months old. The 4800 was one month old. I've not been that mad in a long time. Since misery loves company, anybody else out there got any good theft stories. Would love to hear especially of the ones where the #@%holes were caught. Thanks :realmad:
  2. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

Sorry to hear of that. Nothing connected with my lawn business has been stolen yet, but I've taken to keeping things pretty well locked up after reading of so many instances of it here.
  3. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

Guys around here have been reporting a lot of brake ins lately. I know of about 4 or 5 guys that lost some blowers in the past couple weeks, someone has been taking them out of there trailers/braking into the trailers at night.

4. Garth

Garth LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry to hear about your loss. I've had things stolen as well but working with the population I do it's always somewhat expected. Personally, the worst thing ever stolen from me was the first banjo my great uncle made. He gave it to me because I loved the Dubliners and wanted to learn and a bloke who I thought was a friend waited until I left to see my girlfriend, kicked in my door and stole my most valued possessions. That was almost 25 years ago and it still hurts because nothing was recovered. I found out a few years ago that he died in prison of A.I.D.S so I wasn't even able to punch him in the throat.
  5. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

backpacs seem to be their favorite target. i have been lucky to only loose 2 handblowers and a water cooler (true!)and a set of echo hedgetrimmers .
  6. precision-nate

precision-nate LawnSite Member

just last week we had a stihl blower stolen at home depot, and a few months ago we lost a stihl trimmer out of the trailer on a bumpy backroad. both are enough to make me want to spit, but for different reasons.
  7. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

Try losing a new scag 61" TT with 29 Kaw EFI engine this spring with 50 hrs on it....ouch:angry:
  8. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I don't feel quite as bad now. Thanks
  9. steve45

steve45 LawnSite Bronze Member

Bummer!!! Have you reported the theft to Scag? I don't know if they keep track of such things, but I've ordered some items for mine and they always want the serial number.
  10. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

No I didn't....just the police and insurance co....