My First Time (on a Super Z)!!!

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by UGA, May 23, 2003.

1. UGA

UGA LawnSite Senior Member

Hey PJ and Ken,
    I decided while I was making a run to WalMart in Clarksville that I would stop by Bryant Equipment again and see if they had any Super Z's in stock as well as talk to Dave about how they will take care of me after the purchase like the local Exmark dealers do. I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised about the visit and the amount of information that everyone there has about the Super Z's. As well I was able to finally get on one for about 30 minutes cutting on their lot which is alot like the lots I am mowing (far from perfect) so I was able to see a real life ride quality and how fast I could run it on a little rougher terrain. I was thoroughly impressed. They didn't have a Z in stock but a guy that was having his worked on had a newer 27hp Kohler to use while his was being fixed and they let me run awhile on both the 25hp and the 27hp. Needless to say I was impressed by both but more by the 27. Dave told me that if I am down then I am top priority and they will be on mine right away and only if they can't figure out what is wrong then they will get another mower in there for me. This is not as good as the Exmark dealers but it is ALOT better than what I had been told before. I also realize he probably doesn't want excess stock just sitting there. Anyway my point is I came away impressed and am looking to do something around the first of the year if not sooner. Thanks again for all your help and attention. I'm looking forward to getting my own as soon as I can work it.

Mark Linder
    Linder Landscapes
    Cedar Hill, Tennessee

Oh and BTW, what is the advantage to the offset blades that these come with compared to a straight blade? Just curious.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The 27 Kohler is a monster !!!
    I was on the Kohler 28 EFI this week and the 27 Kawasaki liquid cooled units also, they are awesome also.
    I am gonna have hard choice myself in the future with my demo units....heck, I will just get 1 of each to demo to you guys !!!
    The advantage of the offset blade is that it gets the blade lower in the deck and thus more area above for clippings and airflow.

Later
    Pj

3. UGA

UGA LawnSite Senior Member

provided there is room for one (enough space at the top of the blade bolt for the nut to go on fully). Just curious of whether or not those blades have more lift than straight high lifts.

4. dannyc33

dannyc33 LawnSite Member
    from indy

mowerconsultent
    When will the 28 hp efi and 27 hp lc engines be coming out and on what models. If you don't know can you ballpark it?

5. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Plans are for late August at this time, as long as everything stays on schedule.
    I should have pricing in a few weeks.

Later
    Pj