My First trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Above Par Lawns, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Above Par Lawns

Above Par Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

:drinkup:
    Here's to finally owning a trailer. I just got it today. Picked it up used for only $300.00. This should do me just fine for my first year in the business. It'll carry a 36" Scag, 30" Toro, and once my father in law helps me weld it on, a new rack for trimmer/edger/backpack blower.

So here is my question...
    Since the front of the trailer leans forward a bit can I flip over the ball mount to level it out? I'm not sure if I worded that quite right but here's some pictures of what I'm talking about

trailer hitch.jpg

trailer.jpg

2. Above Par Lawns

:nono: And no jokes about the Ridgeline! I can't afford a bigger truck right now.

3. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Buy yourself a straight bar trailer ball

[​IMG]

4. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

Remove the ball and flip the hitch over and put the ball back on. You can also get a 4 inch drop hitch to help even more.

5. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

Good lookin' dog :)
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Above Par Lawns

I saw one like this at Feldmans today. I think I will go buy one.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. rbljack

rbljack LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

You can do what is said above, or go buy the straight shaft one. Each will give a different amount of "lift".From the picture, you may need the 4 inch lift...but Id try flipping your orignal one first. If that doesnt give you enough lift, than the 4 inch one might be the ticket.

I wont give you any crap about the ridgeline...ive seen the amounts of storage those things have and for the size of the vehicle i was impressed by them. Enjoy.

8. ztman

ztman LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice trailer for $300. I hope that is not trailer rash on your bumper

9. Above Par Lawns

Nope that has been there since I bought the truck used about a year ago!

10. Above Par Lawns

The lack of bed space is the ONLY thing I dislike about this truck. I think a lot of people hate on it because it's a Honda V6. I love the look of the truck though. My father in law owns http://www.signsbyrobbie.com/ a printing shop and is going to do a full wrap on it for me. I think that'll really set it off.