1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

My first truck....

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Mikegyver, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

Right now I am at 206XXX I think.
    Ya i need better mirrors. Its on the list.
    Here's what the truck looks like post paint and graphics. Ill get some more pics up later.
  2. Mikegyver

More pics after the paint....
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  3. Mikegyver

Thought I had some more to post but I didnt. Will try to put some more up later.
    I didn't actually do the painting I did a lot of the prep though. Had a buddy help me on most of it. He had painted several vehicles in the past. It has a few drips, dust spots, and a bug or 2 but it's better than it was. We painted it in an open job building and not a booth. For the budget I had and for the effect I was going for it turned out fine.
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  4. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

Looks like your buddy did a real nice job on the paint, and the graphics look good on it also.
  5. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I use to have a 99' 4x4. Man did it love to drank the fuel! I sometimes wish I still had it.
  6. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Looks to be a good work pickup for you! Hopefully it serves you good for years to come
  7. ryan41

ryan41 LawnSite Senior Member

Love the older Dodges! Your truck looks great. I have a 97 1500 5.2l v8. no major problems at all!! I have 166k miles on it. Just had a body shop fix all the rust, took the cap off & will be getting a drop in bed liner in spring. [​IMG]
  8. Mikegyver

Ya. He really helped me out. There was no way I could afford a professional paint job at a body shop.

No kidding. Think this 5.9 gets around 10-12. Running mileage tests right now. I can literally see the gas gauge going down when hauling a bobcat tracked machine. Well its not that bad but some days it feels like it.

Your truck looks good! I am going to roll in bed liner one day this winter if I have a spare moment. Don't see that happening though. Crazy busy.

Hopefully this summer I will be purchasing a second truck for a crew to run. I am getting tons of work right now and cannot even imagine what march/april will be like.
  9. Mikegyver

This week I have been pulling the window tint out. Its been a mess.
    Need a new bumper, do y'all think think something like a ranch hand bumper would be too heavy?
  10. Green-Man

Green-Man LawnSite Bronze Member

It's looking good man, its a decent first work truck to have