My first truck....

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Mikegyver, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

Right now I am at 206XXX I think.
    Ya i need better mirrors. Its on the list.
    Here's what the truck looks like post paint and graphics. Ill get some more pics up later.
    [​IMG]

2. Mikegyver

More pics after the paint....
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  3. Mikegyver

Thought I had some more to post but I didnt. Will try to put some more up later.
    I didn't actually do the painting I did a lot of the prep though. Had a buddy help me on most of it. He had painted several vehicles in the past. It has a few drips, dust spots, and a bug or 2 but it's better than it was. We painted it in an open job building and not a booth. For the budget I had and for the effect I was going for it turned out fine.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  4. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

Looks like your buddy did a real nice job on the paint, and the graphics look good on it also.

5. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I use to have a 99' 4x4. Man did it love to drank the fuel! I sometimes wish I still had it.

6. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Looks to be a good work pickup for you! Hopefully it serves you good for years to come

7. ryan41

ryan41 LawnSite Senior Member

Love the older Dodges! Your truck looks great. I have a 97 1500 5.2l v8. no major problems at all!! I have 166k miles on it. Just had a body shop fix all the rust, took the cap off & will be getting a drop in bed liner in spring. [​IMG]

8. Mikegyver

Ya. He really helped me out. There was no way I could afford a professional paint job at a body shop.

No kidding. Think this 5.9 gets around 10-12. Running mileage tests right now. I can literally see the gas gauge going down when hauling a bobcat tracked machine. Well its not that bad but some days it feels like it.

Your truck looks good! I am going to roll in bed liner one day this winter if I have a spare moment. Don't see that happening though. Crazy busy.

Hopefully this summer I will be purchasing a second truck for a crew to run. I am getting tons of work right now and cannot even imagine what march/april will be like.

9. Mikegyver

This week I have been pulling the window tint out. Its been a mess.
    Need a new bumper, do y'all think think something like a ranch hand bumper would be too heavy?
    Mike

10. Green-Man

Green-Man LawnSite Bronze Member

It's looking good man, its a decent first work truck to have