Lawn Care Forum banner

My first truck

8K views 52 replies 11 participants last post by  jakes mowing 
#1 ·
Just got it a little over a week ago and am loving it!

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

See less See more
#31 ·
I've got a 60" john deere 757, ferris 36in hydro, and right now I've got a Honda Hrr but I think I'm Gonna sell it and buy a husqvarna AWD 21in.
Get an Exmark Turf Tracer 60'' they cut much nicer :)

#35 ·
Better than the deere? It probably would in perfect conditions, but its got the 7iron so it should work fine for me! I haven't even gotten to use it much, mowed about 3 acres of pasture and it worked great tho.
I used to mow with a 60'' John deere, it could cut through anything but it doesnt have near as good of a finish cut as a Turf Tracer.

#37 ·
I've got a 60" john deere 757, ferris 36in hydro, and right now I've got a Honda Hrr but I think I'm Gonna sell it and buy a husqvarna AWD 21in.
If you can swing it, keep the Honda as a backup or a fallback machine if you end up not liking the Husqvarna. I've learned to hang onto stuff, as I've never gotten out of the sale what the machine is worth and backup stuff is good to have. If you keep it, be sure to drain all the gas out of, so you don't have carb issues if/when you need it.

Get an Exmark Turf Tracer 60'' they cut much nicer :)
Everything depends on what grasses one is cutting, who is operating the machine, who's maintaining the machine, terrain, etc. He's got a great mower and a lot more machine than many.

#38 ·
If you can swing it, keep the Honda as a backup or a fallback machine if you end up not liking the Husqvarna. I've learned to hang onto stuff, as I've never gotten out of the sale what the machine is worth and backup stuff is good to have. If you keep it, be sure to drain all the gas out of, so you don't have carb issues if/when you need it.

Everything depends on what grasses one is cutting, who is operating the machine, who's maintaining the machine, terrain, etc. He's got a great mower and a lot more machine than many.
I've thought about keeping it, but there honestly isn't much i like about it. The cut isn't great, sucks on any kind of hill, just not a pleasure to use, I guess that it would be good to have a backup if the husqvarna is ever down tho. One of the yards i have to use a 21 on is Really hilly so i think that it should do the trick.

#40 ·
I've thought about keeping it, but there honestly isn't much i like about it. The cut isn't great, sucks on any kind of hill, just not a pleasure to use, I guess that it would be good to have a backup if the husqvarna is ever down tho. One of the yards i have to use a 21 on is Really hilly so i think that it should do the trick.
Hills have been the deal breaker for my 30". I'm not the least bit happy about it, either.

#42 ·
You might also find that on soft lawns you will make tracks or ruts. Those sit-down Zero turns are usually pretty heavy. Dont get me wrong that's a nice machine you have there but it may not be ideal for many situations.

#44 ·
John Deere's got one of the best decks in the industry. They cut just fine. ZTRs only weigh a few hundred more than a walk behind, plus the rider. I know a 60" Turf Tracer weighs in around 750 and my 61" ProCat weighs in at just under 900lbs. Hills are where you'll need the WB. If the lawn is soft enough to make tracks, it's probably too wet and you shouldn't be cutting it anyway.
Anyways, nice truck and machine, I'm sure you'll do great. Wish I started as young as you!

#45 ·
Yeah I'm pretty confident about the deck. And yeah the walk behind will hit everything the ztr cant. And thanks for the complements man! How do you like the bobcat by the way? I've always loved the cut of the bobcat wb's. Even the most beat up belt drive bobcat wb still lays some amazing stripes!

#48 ·
It cuts great! That's the reason I went with the Bob-Cat, chose it over an Exmark ZTR. For the price and reliability you can't beat them. The company that owns them also makes Ryan and Little Wonder, as well as a couple other brands, they make some good stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.