1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

My first truck

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by jakes mowing, Feb 10, 2014.

1. jakes mowing

jakes mowing LawnSite Senior Member

Sticker on the truck was 15,800. They came down to 15,200. With taxes and all it was a lil over 16. Compared to the prices I've seen them going for around here I got a good deal. For the condition its in it blue booked for over 20,000. It's only got 83,000 on it. That's pretty good for an 03' I'd say! And it's the slt package, 4 dr, 4x4, tow package, and its got some extras like tinted windows, bug guard, those black covers on top of the windows and some other things. The previous dealer took VERY good care of it. Not even a scratch or scuff on it! And I bought it through a dodge dealership so they went all through it to make sure everything was sound. I feel like i got a good deal!

2. blythefieldacreslawncare

blythefieldacreslawncare LawnSite Member

That's a decent deal. Not sure how you afforded that at age 15, you must really work hard :clapping:

3. jakes mowing

Like i said earlier, I didn't pay the full amount right now. I payed for a big chunk, and then my grandma payed for the rest. And now I'll be paying her back over the course of two years. It worked out great because it leaves me with a good amount of money in the bank in case any repairs come up and for gas and insurance.

4. S-205

S-205 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ontario

Yeah its a good truck to start with for sure. I just found an 03' F250 7.3 with 49k miles that was a bit more than that but drove 10 hours to get it. Just take good care of it, and don't let your buddies drive it.

5. jakes mowing

Haha yeah a couple of them have already asked...not happening thats for sure! I think ill have this truck for a long time. It will give me plenty of room to grow also. I can't wait to start towing with it!

6. blythefieldacreslawncare

Do you have a utility trailer as well?
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. jakes mowing

Yeah I've got a 16x7 that i got at an auction for $800! Trading a guy mowing and he's welding up a ramp for me. And I'm gonna put a fresh coat of paint on too.

8. jakes mowing

Heres a pic of the trailer. Gonna throw some new sides on too. It will look like new hopefully

image.jpg

9. blythefieldacreslawncare

Not bad! What mowers are you going to be running?

10. jakes mowing

I've got a 60" john deere 757, ferris 36in hydro, and right now I've got a Honda Hrr but I think I'm Gonna sell it and buy a husqvarna AWD 21in.