1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

My first truck

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by jakes mowing, Feb 10, 2014.

1. jakes mowing

jakes mowing LawnSite Senior Member

I was actually looking into a 30 at one point, but the hills would be a problem for it. I've heard good things about the Husqvarna awd... Might just give it a try.

2. blythefieldacreslawncare

blythefieldacreslawncare LawnSite Member

You might also find that on soft lawns you will make tracks or ruts. Those sit-down Zero turns are usually pretty heavy. Dont get me wrong that's a nice machine you have there but it may not be ideal for many situations.

3. jakes mowing

Well if it does get too wet ive got the hydro walk behind. It would take a little longer but it would get it done.

4. Cody S

Cody S LawnSite Senior Member

John Deere's got one of the best decks in the industry. They cut just fine. ZTRs only weigh a few hundred more than a walk behind, plus the rider. I know a 60" Turf Tracer weighs in around 750 and my 61" ProCat weighs in at just under 900lbs. Hills are where you'll need the WB. If the lawn is soft enough to make tracks, it's probably too wet and you shouldn't be cutting it anyway.
    Anyways, nice truck and machine, I'm sure you'll do great. Wish I started as young as you!

5. jakes mowing

Yeah I'm pretty confident about the deck. And yeah the walk behind will hit everything the ztr cant. And thanks for the complements man! How do you like the bobcat by the way? I've always loved the cut of the bobcat wb's. Even the most beat up belt drive bobcat wb still lays some amazing stripes!

6. jake78

jake78 LawnSite Member

That's a beautiful Ram, love it!

7. jakes mowing

Thanks man!

8. Cody S

Cody S LawnSite Senior Member

It cuts great! That's the reason I went with the Bob-Cat, chose it over an Exmark ZTR. For the price and reliability you can't beat them. The company that owns them also makes Ryan and Little Wonder, as well as a couple other brands, they make some good stuff.

9. jakes mowing

Yeah I've always liked bobcats for some reason. Never ran one tho. I really like the looks of the new ztrs, they just look solid. Only bad thing I've heard about the bobcats is clumping.

10. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

my first commercial mower was a ransoms bobcat… I was innovative… a lot of dudes were running lockes, and I almost bought one.