My First Two Commercial bids w/ spread sheets!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Icemanku, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Icemanku

Icemanku LawnSite Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

How'd I do?

2. Icemanku

Icemanku LawnSite Member

The more I think about it more I think I'm over bidding.:dizzy:

3. TPnTX

TPnTX LawnSite Bronze Member

hey thats my spreadsheet, that'l be .50

except you re-typed it and your spelling sucks.

4. Icemanku

Icemanku LawnSite Member

Just noticed that. I changed it after I copied it to photobucket.

I still don't know how you get a price from that?

5. TPnTX

what? you don't. You have to know your price. All that is is a presentation in grid format. The only active cells is totals and monthly.

6. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

Holy crap, whats up with the tax line?? We dont have that over here in N.H.;)

7. TPnTX

Its really no big deal actually other than a very simple way to display what service and when its performed. When people taking bids see it, more often than not they like the way it breaks it down. I've sure as hell seen worse.

I did though the other day have it handed back to me as incomplete. A big national restaurant. The guy said he wanted each service broken out and fully described on a separate paper. Never had that happen but I wrote the paper today and i'm going to re-submit tomorrow.

I mean it make sense to me, its just that no one ever asked for it unless it's a large scale project.

8. TPnTX

our sales tax is about 8.25% but we don't have state income tax. he's in missouri though. I don't know about those guys.

9. Icemanku

Icemanku LawnSite Member

I should make another from with more specifics is what you're saying?

I thought a rough quote might work? If he needs more numbers I could break it down. It's basically $235 per unit for the 1st one per week. That includes two mulches, two fert apps, bi weekly shrub pruning.

10. TPnTX

no what I am saying is that i've only had one complaint from anyone about it and that was just the other day and I had to include another page detailing each service.