1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

My first WALKER

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kjfaulk, Oct 11, 2002.

1. kjfaulk

kjfaulk LawnSite Member
    from NC

I now that this thread was just posted a couple of days ago, but I picked up my first Walker today, I'm speech less.
    WOW, WHAT AN AWESOME MACHINE:D :D

2. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

I got mine on Tuesday of this week. I still go out and sit on it on the trailer before I go to bed. :dizzy:

Scott

3. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Do you hug it and kiss it goodnight, too?:D Us men and our toys:rolleyes: :D

4. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

I can't remember if I did that or not the first one I got. I might have been to busy to. (got enough hours during the day?)

Congrats on the new machine. Yes they are sweet. A lot of people will bash them because of the slow forward speed, cost, and the simple fact that they are jealous of a superior machine in many ways. If you plan on bagging there is no other machine that I have looked at that will come close to a Walker.

5. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

Walkers RULE I already miss mine.

I got rid of it because I needed to walk more, my blood pressure was rising and gained weight. Not enough exercise and I will be damned if I will spend my free time (if there is any) in the gym.

Lazer Z is a good machine also. For midsized to large lawns that you don't bag, the lazer is as good as the walker on its strong points (small finish cut, bagging)

I guess if you have a mix of accounts it would be best to have both. And throw a walkbehind or 2 in the mix for hills.