my first water garden

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by pferboy, Jun 11, 2003.

1. GLAN

GLAN Banned

You did a great job.

Working with that open space is not easy to naturalize. Addition of surrounding plant material will make a world of difference, even with the waterfall where it is. The waterfall added dimension.

2. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

I also think you did a good job. If that's your first one the ones you do in the future will only get better.

3. stxkyboy

stxkyboy LawnSite Member

Phishook maybe the reason ur defending this guys waterfall is that urs looks just as crappy. I looked at ur previous posts and ur waterfall fit everything green in idaho described..............it looks totally unnatural and out of place.

4. mexiking

mexiking LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Yikes
    it looks so UnNATURAL
    make a HUGE BERM around there

5. bcx400

bcx400 LawnSite Member
    from PA

anyone who builds a pond has to start somewhere. Considering this is your first, it looks good, and I am sure you learned a lot.

I have to agree with Idaho though, it looks like a pile of rocks dumped on the lawn. The Aquascapes look fits perfectly into suburbia, with its cookie-cutter homes.

6. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

I think it looks good. I think people forget that it takes time to master a new skill and we are expected to be prefect in eveything we do. Keep up the good, quality work!

7. Green Gopher

Green Gopher LawnSite Member

Pferboy,

It looks nice for what it is, and the price you had to work with. The fact is, a natural pond is expensive to build. Use caution when building the Aqua-scape type ponds ( I know many people here swear by them) Most times they don't last long, for a host of reasons and end up getting replaced in a year or two. Good luck with future installs.

Green in Idaho: Good to see you posting again.

Stxkyboy: Ur was an ancient city in southern Iraq, not a word in the English language. I think the word you want is "Your"!!

Jeremy

8. bcx400

bcx400 LawnSite Member
    from PA

Green Gopher- I would be interested in hearing your host of reasons why Aquascape ponds end up getting replaced in a year or two.

Thanks!

9. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

It looks to shallow to have fish, it needs to be deep enough to have a air poked in the winter or your fish will die heater helps.

If you dig in levels and on a slit slant you can stack your stones to the top.

___ ____
    \__ ___/
    \__ ___/
    \_____/

10. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

heres anther sh%t drawing the one above didn't work

march 10, 2004.jpg