My first Waterfall

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by jasonlandscape, Mar 26, 2008.

1. jasonlandscape

jasonlandscape LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

Hey i finished this few weeks ago. I'm 22 and been doin landscaping and maintnence for maybe 3 or 4 yrs now...And this is my first water feature i have ever done. did it completly bymyself. next one i do tho i'll have more helpers, lol.

now it just needs some plants to go with it.

4800 GPH tsurumi pump
    tennessee field stone
    river slicks
    chattahooche river rock

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Paulup

Paulup LawnSite Senior Member

awesome man, looks great.

3. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Nice Job man..looks good

4. agm

agm LawnSite Member
    from NM

very, very good

5. Oasis-Outdoor

Oasis-Outdoor LawnSite Member

Looks excellent jason. Looks like it ought to have a pretty nice sound to it as well! Keep up the good work!

6. Venturewest

Venturewest LawnSite Senior Member

Nice job, that looks really good for a first feature. Better than lots of peoples' hundredth features. Did you attend some training? You did a good job of mixing up the rock sizes on the edges of the stream and falls. That definitely helps the natural look.

7. Venturewest

Venturewest LawnSite Senior Member

Nice job, that looks really good for a first feature. Better than lots of peoples' hundredth features. Did you attend some training? You did a good job of mixing up the rock sizes on the edges of the stream and falls. That definitely helps the natural look.

8. jasonlandscape

jasonlandscape LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

you guys think some creeping jenny would look nice in it? I can plant that stuff right in the rocks, Right? it grows anywhere ive heard.

No i didn't take any training, but i have worked for a company that does waterfalls. i didn't install them , i just worked for there little lawn maintnence section, but i was always around water features...i dunno i just have a natural feel for natural lookin landscapes.

I have a ton more stuff to learn, but i definately learned alot on this job.

9. TRBIGCREEK

TRBIGCREEK LawnSite Member

Great job, tons better than my first feature. The only two things I would suggest are: 1. If your going to use field stone, try and select field stone that has been around water. This stone will have naturally tumbled edges rather than sharp lines. 2. When mixing stone, try not to have to much of any one kind in the same area. There are several spots where its all river rock or all field stone. Most people would not even notice those two things, so overall I'd say 8.5 out of 10!

TR

10. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn LawnSite Senior Member

good job, I agree your 10 steps ahead of others at the beginning.

did you do the patio and wall also?

what equipment did you use, I imagin an excavator with a thumb to place the larger rocks, and how long did it take you start to finish. Pulling the liner by yourself must have been a pain:weightlifter: