My First Web Page for the Business

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Lawn-Sharks, Mar 30, 2008.

1. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

I got my first Web Adress today for my business and put up a starter page.
    Im goining to be changing it as soon as i design the one i like..

www.lawnsharksfla.com let me know what you guys think?

2. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Looks very nice and very professional. As soon as you get the section for pictures on there it will be even better. Great site!

3. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Its needs work, and some serious proof reading for example:

A waiver!!!! A verbal contract!!!! Are you trying to get ripped off!! Im sorry but this is very unprofessional, especially when it comers to commercial accounts where you may have liability at stake. Every single job you do should have a signed contract, wether its by the cut or a monthly rate.

I don't mean to be harsh, but these are things you really need to address, because flybynighters have statements like these.

Goodluck!!!!!!!!

4. lawn dogg

lawn dogg LawnSite Member

looks real good, i used web solutions wish i had been able to do my own wondering if anyone else has used this company and how was their customer service!!!!

5. Lawn-Sharks

Thanks for the feedback thats why i posted it. this is the first time i have ever designed anything like this and it only took 1.5hrs to get this far but im working all the bugs out as i see them Thanks!

6. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Well its not even so mucht he design, it looks pretty good, more so the text. I recently went to a seminar put on by a landscape organization up here called "The law and what you don't know CAN hurt you". It is amazing what can screw you these days. Its more important now then ever to have things like contracts that bind people to an agreement. I mean we go out and buy 50-100000 in equipment, why should some one have the right to bail out on our agreement half way through the summer just because they feel like it! This stuff needs to be paid for!

Cheers
    Jeff

7. B & B Yardscape

B & B Yardscape LawnSite Member

I will send you an email.

8. Lawn-Sharks

Ive been tweeking the site and made some improvments. Im with you a 110% on contracts but down here in florida. Residential accounts if you asked them to sign a contract you wouldn't get any work.Now i will have resi accounts pay for the first months service as a good faith gesture towards our agreement and their fine with that. There are to many LCO's in my area that don't require them so it's the norm not to ask for a contract. I hear LCO's saying they get signed contracts on lawnsite in their states. Im sorry that just will not fly with the residential customer here. Commercial yes! Its expected. Thanks you! for your responces.