My first web site

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by LightningLawns, Apr 4, 2005.

1. LightningLawns

LightningLawns LawnSite Senior Member

2. WhohasHelios?

WhohasHelios? LawnSite Member

I like it..Alot actually

Just out of curiousity...What is the gopher logo on the bottom of every page?

-Reuben

3. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

it's great if you want to give gopher credit for providing your templates, but at least have their link pop open a new window. as it is, you are simply showing your visitors the exit door.

4. LightningLawns

How am I showing them the exit door? I don't think my potential customers will click on that link.

5. tonygreek

you're absolutely right. i'm not sure why i took the time to bring that up. if they wait for the 130k+ banner to load, they're probably already hooked for the sale.

6. tonygreek

my apologies, lighting. just re-read your original post and see that you didn't mention you were looking for feedback.

7. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

Looks nice, but there are a lot of other sites layed out the same way. It must be a template?

8. LightningLawns

Hey, feedback is greatly appreciated. As for waiting for the 130k banner to load....How long did you have to wait? When I go to the website it comes right up and I have standard cable internet. Give all the feedback you want, its a discussion forum, thats what its here for.

9. tonygreek

i would assume that it does load "lighting" fast for you. the problem is that a solid 50% of home net users are running on good ol' dial-up. to them, and the connection i visited your site from, the banner was a bit painful to wait for, especially when it's the first thing on your site. the rest of your page loaded while i was still waiting for the banner to load.

a strong suggestion for your intro page would be to keep the entire page and it's contents at around 75k or less. shooting the wad on one big image that holds up the page is not the best idea in the world. if managed correctly, you could get that image down to a 1/3 of what it is.

nice job on your picture pages, and managing their size. looks good. if i can make a suggestion, why not do some editing of one of those pics and integrate it into the banner? i have a bit different eye than what your customers may have, but i think it looks inconsistent with nice pics of your own work, and then having a featured image (the banner pic) that is an oft used piece of stock photography that doesn't quite fit.

10. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

"We'll be there in a flash" reminds me of the topless mowing thread.