1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

My first year out equipment photos.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Duncan90si, May 19, 2007.

1. Duncan90si

Duncan90si LawnSite Member

I have been in the business for 7 years now but this year I am finally working for myself fulltime. Last November I had a riding tractor and no truck or trailer. From now till then this is what I have gathered.

1995 GMC 3500 DRW 2WD dump.
    2007 Ja-Mar 16ft trailer with Green Touch trimmer rack, homemade spring assist and trimmer line holder, and tongue box.
    2 older Bunton 52" 14hp WB with a sulky. (they are for sale)
    2005 48" 17hp hydro Lesco WB with sulky and gobbler.
    2004 Kubota ZG20 20hp 48" with bagger.
    2005 Walker 20hp 48" collecter and 52" side discharge decks.
    BR600 BP blower
    BG85 blower
    FS110R trimmer
    HS45 24" hedge trimmer
    Husqvarna 123 trimmer
    Crapsman 6.5hp 22" push mower (I hate push mowers and rarely use them. I refuse to spend a lot of money one. If it were up to me I would rather trim a yard or bank before I'd push mow. Does anyone else feel the same?)
    Various other racks, handtools, a lot of nickels and dimes that I dont even want to think what the total cost was etc. I think thats everything or atleast most of it.

I still need to get some leaf equipment (push blower, leaf loader hoop tarp, and another BP blower), a couple blower racks and other odds and ends. I am also buying a 1990 Chevy 3500 4x4 SRW 454 pickup for an additional/backup truck.

What do you guys think? Not too bad for putting this all together in 6 months. 6 months of which I wasn't working other than plowing. Thank goodness that the checks are starting to roll in and the equipment is making me money now instead of just spending spending spending. :)

2. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

holy s@#t you really pack that stuff on there huh?? Looks sweet nice set up for a short period of time. Im guessing you have helpers with all those extra mowers. looks nice
  3. Mark13

Mark13 LawnSite Member

Is that the truck that was converted from a lot sweeper? If so, it looks really good.
  4. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

How many lawns are you doing?
  5. josh1981

josh1981 LawnSite Senior Member

nice equipment. I also have br 600 and sg 85 blowers. fantastic machines!
  6. Duncan90si

NH Boy
    Yeah its me and another guy.

Yes this is the truck that was a sweeper truck. Thanks for the compliment, I really appreciate it. Here is what it looked like when I bought it.

Picture 007.jpg

Any where from 50-100 lawns a week. It depends on how many days of landscaping we do each week. That includes three shopping plazas also. Now not all of these are not my personal accounts. Some are accounts that are subcontracted to us. I advertised a little and spread the word with family and friends earlier this year and started getting accounts of my own and I'm actually doing mowing for a large realty company too. Regardless, lately we have been starting at around 6-6:30 am and not getting home till after dark about 5 out of the six work days a week.

I'm lucky to know the people I do to have this kind of crazy work flow my first year out. I never thought I would be turning work down in my first year. I'm not complaining. :drinkup:

Oh and on a side note, I am legit and insured if any of you were curious.

Picture 007.jpg
  7. Mark13

Mark13 LawnSite Member

The looks of that truck improved 10x over what it was. The simulators really improved the look from a beat up work truck to a nice looking truck. Glad to hear you are full and are having to turn down customers instead of sitting around with nothing to do.
  8. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

What year is that lesco. The engine looks like the old kawi. Did you buy it used?
  9. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Im with you on Pushmowers...HATE em...whats the point.
  10. Duncan90si

The lesco is a 2005