My first year...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by BTLS, Jan 18, 2007.

1. BTLS

BTLS LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Jaybow- it was the troy built from home depot or lowes...actually, it cost around 350, self propelled and all that and lasted almost exactly 1 month. From there I used a honda and a john deere- honda- super light and easy and fast but not as rugged as the john deerer- in my opinion. I have a 7 hp JD 21 in mower with casterfront wheels- kinda like a mini walk behind. Love it. My advice, don't buy anything that isn't commercial grade. Good luck.- Ben

2. jaybow

jaybow LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mi

How much does a 7 horse john deerewith the swivle casters cost.

3. BTLS

BTLS LawnSite Member
    from Texas

I think if was 650 or 750. worth it to me. way easier to steer than a regular "fixed wheel" small mower. very fast. I rarely use it now but glad I have it.

4. googles

googles LawnSite Senior Member

BTLS That was so funny i was falling off my seat. its just great because I have been though all that. I love the high grass comment. Funny thing is the customer knows you under price him and he doenst even feel bad you will need a new mower after that lawn LoL. keep up the great attitude you have and keep writing funny :laugh: :laugh:

5. googles

googles LawnSite Senior Member

BTLS my advice is guy a cheap new 21 inch lawn mower and buy a new 36" wright stander. you will never have to walk again. it cuts great and turns in tight spots. i got lazy with it, if i need to run back to trailer or pull my green pals i use the mower for everything. i just zip around in that thing.