1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

My first zero turn ?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by rips88, Mar 25, 2008.

1. rips88

rips88 LawnSite Member

Hey Guys, I came across a deal on a scag turf tiger 61" deck hydrostatic drive 2000 year model. It has 1102 hours on it. It has the 22 h.p. kawasaki water cooled engine on it. I called a scag dealer about this and they said the engine was good for 6-7 thousand hours. Is he right or just bs ing me? Anyway the guy wants $3500 for it. He just mowed an orpanage with it once a week for the last 8 years. about 5 hours a week and then it was parked in their shed. The model # is STT61A. what do you think? Deal or Dud? Thanks for your input!!!!!
  2. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

6 to 7 thousand hours on a gas engine? I don't think so. You might get 2500 hours out of it depending on his maintenance? I think it's about $1500 too high. This is just my opinion.
  3. BravoMow

BravoMow LawnSite Member

yea, 6 or 7 thousand hours might be factory perfect conditions... but thats crazy. 3000 hours would be amazing... and a torn up piece of equipment. i would wait... but thats me
  4. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

I have a kawi 21hp w/2,580 hrs on it and runs great!
    (Thanks to snythetic oil)But i know that she isn't gonna last to 6000hrs... Anyway back to the point That Mower isn't worth $3500
    An 8yr old mower is maybe worth $2,000.00 but no more than that i dont care how many hours it was they didnt stop making hour meters when they put one on that mower so who's to say it's the original????...Right now is the best time to buy a used mower there a dime a dozen right now so keep looking if this guy won't lower his price.