1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

My first ZTR!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tm ent., Aug 26, 2005.

1. tm ent.

tm ent. LawnSite Member

I finally broke down and bought my first ZTR today. After looking at many different brands I decided on a scag tiger cub. I've only used it about 1 !/2 hours but it cuts great so far. The steering takes a little getting used to though. It really cuts down my mowing time.
  2. HometownLawn

HometownLawn LawnSite Member

what was the price if you dont mind me asking. any service plan?
  3. MBDiagMan

MBDiagMan LawnSite Senior Member

Don't worry, in a few days you will feel like you've been steering it since before you were able to ride a bicycle.

I picked up my third ZTR today. It is a 26HP Kawasaki Liquid Cooled Bad Boy. So I can share your excitement.

Have a great day,
  4. AboveTheCut

AboveTheCut LawnSite Member

I got my first ZTR at the beginning of the season and I love it! I don't know how I ever managed without it. Good Luck and welcome aboard.
  5. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

watch out once you get one you will want another. Whats the most number of ztr mowers anyone here owns n e ways lol.
  6. davechick12

davechick12 LawnSite Member

I picked up my first ztr yesterday scag wildcat 61in 27hp. I love it
  7. OnMyOwn

OnMyOwn LawnSite Senior Member

Saves on fatigue, increases productivity and profitability. Good choice. I hope you are happy with the machine for many years.
  8. tm ent.

tm ent. LawnSite Member

It was $7100. Very good dealer support. I've bought alot of equipment from this dealer and had no problems. That had alot of influence on my decision. I went to high school with 2 of the mechanics so that helps alot in getting an honest opinion about the equipment.
  9. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I was in biz 4 years before I bought my first one, I dont know how I ever survived without it! Biggest 2 differences I could tell was LESS fatigue and increased time saved on every yard by at least 150%. You will never go back! Hope you enjoy.
  10. lqmustang

lqmustang LawnSite Senior Member

I bought my first z, also a tiger cub, earlier this year. They make the job so much easier. Better productivity, less fatigue. Also got the triple bagger collection system, gets the lawns that request bagging done in almost no time at all. I'll never be without one on the trailer again. Have fun with the new toy. :D