My Florida Vacation!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by battags, Oct 20, 2003.

1. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member

Finally, the grass has slowed down and I am taking a vacation!

I was walking to the pool today with my wife as I pointed out a LCO mowing along a retention pond. This guy was on a brand new Xmark Laser and I commented to the Mrs. that he was awefully close to the water. Just then......SPLASH! He slides right in and swims from the seat!

I'm in Naples, Florida, to be exact, and I must say to you southern boys......I'm amazed at this St. Augustine grass! At least that's what I think it is. Really spongy and thick, seems like it needs dethached, or something? Not fun to walk on bare foot!

5 more days and then back to the old grind!

B

2. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

The wife and I are taking a weekend awaaaaayyyyy!
    Massages and jacuzzis and ........Well you get the Idea.
    Enjoy yourself!

3. Floridalandcare

Floridalandcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from Tampa

No,No,No Don't de-thatch it just just the way this BullShizit grass grows , If you think its no fun to walk on try cutting it , . Please tell all your fellow LCOs on LS how bad our grass sucks down here , Oh and also tell them how nice our stripes are .:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

4. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

and for you big boys--watch those lazers near the water:cool:

5. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I love cutting the Flortam(St. Augustine) And i get some unreal stripes.

6. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

Haha Naples Florida is the spot. I went their this Spring and man there are some fine ladies. :D I met this one girl that I still talk to. We've actually become really good friends and the cool part is that she's got family real close to me that she visits about 5 times a year. It's kinda funny, what is considered grass in the south is Crabgrass up north here. Glad you had a good time though ;)

7. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Battags, I would recommend Marco Island because it's really nice there but it's kinda a tour area and without tourism it's boring. Hopethe beaches are nice too

8. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

my family owns a place in naples but i never been but this december im going!!!

9. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

10. pinnacle

pinnacle LawnSite Senior Member

Love to cut Sir Walter Buffalo grass .................It's a St Auguatine.

No clumps........Cuts good damp.............bags well (very good volume to cutting area ratio)..........Mulches well.............Stripes well...............Looks good.

Dam good grass......................Floridalawncare........mabey you'll have to get over it mate................Isn't that what grows where you live??