My Flyer design. Should I change/add anything?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by green-pa, Mar 12, 2007.

1. green-pa

green-pa LawnSite Senior Member

THis is what I have so far. I've already did about 1,500 and distributed them. I'm about to re-do the whole thing maybe or just change something.
    Would real images of grass/homes/people be better than cartoons? How about the joke cartoon for side 2? I've only got 1 call so far, but of course it's going to be probably at least a week or two before the grass really grows here in Indy. ;)

Attached Files:

2. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

I'd lose the "most affordable rates in town" phrase.

3. green-pa

i kinda figured that. WHat about "affordable rates"?

4. green-pa

BUt other than that would u say it looks pretty good or?

5. green-pa

It's ok if u tell me it looks like *%#@! Don't mind the fact I've spent several days worth of work on printin' em out and distr. them. I just want to know the truth that way I don't do ANOTHER 1,500 if these suck! Anyone have any ideas or opinions they'd like to share?

6. creatived

creatived LawnSite Member

I WOULD RE-DO FLYER AND GIVE PEOPLE SOME INCENTIVES BESIDES CHEAP PRICE THAT CAN SCARE PEOPLE HOW BOUT SENOIR DISCOUNTS OR SATISFACTION GUARANTEED OR 100% REFUND OR FREE FIRST CUT W/YEARLY CONTRACT *DEPENDING ON SIZE. TRY TO MAKE IT SIMPLE AND MAYBE IF YOU ARE DOING YOUR OWN DESIGN CUT SOME IMAGES OF THE NET AND PASTE THEM OR USE POWER POINT MAYBE A CATCHY PHRASE LIKE "A CUT ABOVE THE REST" I DONT KNOW BUT GOOD LUCK!:usflag: :usflag:

7. toac

toac LawnSite Senior Member

green-pa, check your pm

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

They're all over the place. First of all, why in the WORLD would you use 8 different fonts on the thing - and expect people to actually read it? If it wasn't for reviewing it to help you out, you would've lost me about 1/4 to 1/3 down the page. It would've been in the file 13. Way too hard to read...the reader has to keep adjusting. this just gives the connotation of someone who is very inconsistent. Also, no strong message there. you don't capture the reader ANYwhere on the page. Your number and info is WAY too small, and I fully agree wit getting rid of the "most affordable rates in town" thing. I would scrap it and start over. Sorry,...don't mean to sound too harsh, but you would never see MY business name on something like that.

9. Mow2nd-2

Mow2nd-2 LawnSite Member

back to the drawing board for this flyer. :hammerhead:

10. green-pa

I changed some things. I made it more simple. I made the fonts all the same kind ( just a few different sizes ). I replaced the cartoon mowing guy with either a nicely mowed yard or a beautifully landscaped yard. However I took off my address. Is the address very important or could I just print that on the other side. I don't want anything to get in the way of the main points! Also, I replaced "best prices" with "Satisfaction gauranteed"

I figured I may have more sucess with a smaller flyer too since they are easier to stick on the fridge, ect.

Should I print these on white or colored paper?

Or does this still suck?

Attached Files: