my flyer response

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by adam5557, Apr 3, 2005.

1. adam5557

adam5557 LawnSite Member

Hey guys i recently passed out 800 flyers and have got 6 calls within a week of passing them out. 4 of them wanted quotes for lawn cutting and 2 were spring cleanups. I got the 2 clean ups but the 4 i dropped off quotes at havnt called back do you think there waiting for the grass to grow or what?Also do you have any more advertising ideas for me because im shooting to add around 15 customers.thanks

2. Jerry and Sons

Jerry and Sons LawnSite Member
    from Pa

I would contact the four lawn quotes and make sure that they received your estimate, and if you could answer any questions for them.

3. Infinite

Infinite LawnSite Member

I handed out 400 flyers to houses and got 0 calls from them. My best response came from hanging them in grocery stores and such, passing out business cards, and situations wanted in the paper.

4. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

just an idea, but up here we usually push between 1000-3000 flyers average for a one or two man crew. Larger services may average 5000 flyers. The more your name is out there, the more business you will get. Good luck!! payup payup

5. greeneakers04

greeneakers04 LawnSite Member

Is there a reason why you dropped off the estimates, rather than call them back in? You never want to apply pressure, people are more likely to say "no" when their is a perceived pressure. But, I would say the "higher touch" avenue would be the way to go. The higher the human touch, the higher the response rate, I would say, especially if you are above market price or doing some kind of specialty work.

6. adam5557

adam5557 LawnSite Member

Is there a reason why you dropped off the estimates, rather than call them back in? You never want to apply pressure, people are more likely to say "no" when their is a perceived pressure. But, I would say the "higher touch" avenue would be the way to go. The higher the human touch, the higher the response rate, I would say, especially if you are above market price or doing some kind of specialty work.

So are you saying i should call them back and see if they want the services?
    thanks .any help appreciated.

7. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

go to them in person........i deliver estimates in person and discuss any questions right there and then.,...

8. lear35

lear35 LawnSite Member

Go to them in person. I signed up four people for mowing yesterday. I went and met each one of them and discussed their needs and how I could help them. People just like to see who they are doing business with. This is why large corporations buy $40 million dollar jets.

9. adam5557

adam5557 LawnSite Member

YEA!!finally the calls are coming in i only passed out 800 flyers and have gotten around 10 calls and am probly going to do another 1000.Hopefully i can land some season contracts for lawn cutting cause i am tryign to get my business to grow,but seeems like every dam person wants a spring clean up..

10. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

You may want to try flyers with prices already on them, by lot size. I applied this approach one month ago, and today I am up to 25 accounts. I expect to be at 100 by the end of May.
    This may not work in all areas, but is something to think about.

Best wishes!