My flyer

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by DK lawn care, Feb 18, 2008.

1. DK lawn care

DK lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

This is my flyer so far. My buddy george is designing it, he designs flyers, websites, business cards, t shirts, logos for sides of trailers and trucks, etc

We arent done with the flyer yet, but this is what the first step looks like. What do u guys think?

BTW, if u guys like his work and want some flyers, etc for your businesses made, PM me and i can give you his info. Also its the one on the bottom of the page that i like the best.

What do u guys think?

http://totaldesignz.com/customers/matt/flyer.htm

2. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

I like that one that says Green Lakes;)

Don't like any of the sayings.

Not sure about the grass under the name, its sooooo unoriginal.

3. advantage landscapes

advantage landscapes LawnSite Member

If you are paying consider taking your business elsewhere!

IMO, those are all awful. You cannot read them, they are unoriginal, etc, etc.....

Scrap those and do it yourself.

4. DK lawn care

Im not pay, but do u guys have any advice on how to make them better then?

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

If you're going to use any kind of grass, use green grass...not some sickly color that that makes people think "unhealthy".
    And DEFinitely scrap the two slogan ideas....especially the "if it's green, we can cut it" biz. The only thing I would be thinking is STAY AWAY FROM MY PLANTS.
    I like the general idea, though. The title is nice, and the concept of the green and blue color is ok...just use the right greens.

6. DK lawn care

Runner, so u think i should change the color to the right shades of green? Also i didnt like the "if its green, we can cut it", but those top ones where the flyers that we first messed with. Also joe, do u think i should can the other slogan "Lifes greener on our side"? I was thinking about canning the blue and making it green (diff shades of green, not just one color green). BTW keep these comments coming whether they are good or bad!! I want to get this flyer right.

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I wouldn't use any "Life's greener", either. It makes no sense, and there is no saying like this. Now, there IS the old "hgrass is greener on the ther side of the fence", if this is what you are thinking of, but not the other. And no, the "grass is greener on our side" doesn't work, either.

8. DK lawn care

Ok, thanks for the advice. What do u think is a good slogan?

9. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

DK, I think Joe and the others are right on this one. You need to start over. Try doing a search on slogans. There was a thread a year or so back that must of had 50 or 60 suggestions for names and slogans. PR

10. DK lawn care

Ok, thanks for the reply. But keep em comin, i have to get this right. Theirs no sence in sending a bad flyer in the mail haha. Ill talk to my buddy and will add/take some things off of this and get it fixed. Ill post the results in a day or to.