My flyer...

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by qualitylandscaping, Jan 28, 2003.

1. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Hi,

I guess I'll introduce myself.. I'm 16 and have owned a lawncare/landscaping business since 1998. I came here for some advice with a flyer that I cannot post on my usual forum.

I appreciate any input you can give me! I only have Microsoft Word to design these right now. I own Printshop but am still figuring out how to get it to work.

*The file is too big to insert with the logo's, but I do have PLCAA and ALCA logo's on opposite sides at the bottom and the commercial, residential, insured, licensed is in the middle of the two logos..

Thank You!:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

2. qualitylandscaping

How can this get downloaded 23 times and no one has any comments or suggestions???!

Just so you know, my picture and exact phrases are copyrighted..

Some one please!!! I need to get these printed soon..:blob2:

3. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Can you scan it, and post it. You'd probably get responses then. Some people just don't want to download things.

4. qualitylandscaping

Bob,

I don't have a scanner or thats what I would have done. I'll see if I can get it into .jpg format so it shows up, but I don't think its possible..

5. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

Here you go I think.:confused:

f1.jpg

6. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

I like it ok. Its not anything that really stands out but it doesn't really have to be. It gives all the pertinent info and thats all a flier really needs to do. You can always change it next time so don't lose any sleep over getting it perfect. Getting them out there is the main thing.I personally like putting my # across the bottom on the tear offs but thats because I like to post them as opposed to distributing. Distributing flyer's is such a hassle.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    GOOD LUCK:D

7. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Thats what I use to do. That way, your flyer stays put. And there's more phone numbers left for the next potential customer.

8. keith826

keith826 LawnSite Member

Looks good.
    Did you ever think about getting a shorter Website URL.? Netfirms.com has a shorter URL and hosting(25mb) for free. Example:QualityLandscaping.netfirms.com
    Are you going to mail these or post them in public places? In public flyers you should think about putting your phone # in the "tear off" format.
    Again looks good....
    Oh Ya, I also DO NOT agree with LeadArrows about distributing flyers, I think you will recieve much more leads with the "mass mailing" type system. Do you have time?

9. scott's turf

scott's turf LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

A color photograph on your flyer may get expensive to reprodue at good quality.

10. qualitylandscaping

Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate it!

They are going to be put in newspaper boxes and rubber banded to doors. I will be posting some in a few commercial locations (i.e. grocery store, gas station, day care). I'm thinking about having some made with a business card tear off.. Have any of you used them?

Keith826- I am in the process of purchasing a new domain. It will be something like www.qualitylandscaping.com. That should be active before the season begins in mid-March and if I make it in time, will be on the flyers before I pass them out. About the flyers, I do not want to spend the money to do a direct mail campaign in spring. It costs way too much. I tried it once before, and got 1 call out of 250 that were mailed (a one-time hedge trimming job $50)... Not worth the cost to me..

Scott's Turf- The picture and text is going to be black and white on a 24lb. Terra Green Paper. I got a quote for $470 from Copy Max for 10,000 of them. I'm including a sample of the Terra Green Paper color..

I also advertise in the penny saver, and newspaper.. I will post those ad's on here for comments and ideas, when I get them finished.

astrobrightlime_8.jpeg