My flyers are disappearing

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by mowinginva, Mar 24, 2008.

1. mowinginva

mowinginva LawnSite Senior Member

We hung flyers at several businesses in our area w/ cards stapled to them. They've disappeard from about 4 or 5 stores. Some stores they disappeared twice. Well, we believe we have figured who the culprit is. Another lawn service company put their flyer up where ours "was". We just keep putting them back up. Kinda've funny, but it's, definitely, not good business on their part.

2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

do a stake out and slap the crap out of whoever is taking yours down! LOL

3. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

It is probably the lawn service that has the contract now, that you are trying to horn in on. Do other services throw flyers at your customers?

4. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I think that is childish and very unprofessional for some one to do that...Some one that does that is not very secure in their business. Most of the time its the part timers that do that....they think they can mow a 1000 yards a week and are scared someone is going to take away all the yards in a town lol

wayne

5. mojob

mojob LawnSite Senior Member

This is just my opinion, but I wouldn't hang fliers on a business in the first place. If you want commercial accounts, find out who owns the biz/building/property and contact them directly. Go to the source, man.

6. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Just a quick question-What stores do you hang flyers, I have some I wanted to hang but couldn't find any stores with bulliten boards to hang them?

7. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

pizza shops and delis are real good cause people are constantly in and out plus they usually are standing around for a few minutes waiting for their order. Usually though the flyers are for the delivery drivers uninsured mowing, painting, and power washing business.

8. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

try liquid nails. that will fix 'em...

9. RickR1818

RickR1818 LawnSite Senior Member

You dont hang fliers to get commercial accounts. You put them up at stores for the foot traffic. Places like Panera, Borders, and most super markets have bulletin boards for such advertising.

10. mojob

mojob LawnSite Senior Member

"I see", said the blind man.:rolleyes: