My Gear

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by DoetschOutdoor, Jun 20, 2006.

1. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

2002 Zr2 S-10
    36" and 48" Ferris Hydros
    6x12 Enclosed trailer
    Also have a redmax weedeater, ryobi edger, a ryobi backpack blower, redmax hand held blower
    Let me know what ya think...

2. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

Hey, what gives? Your mowers are way to shiney sparkling clean!

Lookin' good!
  3. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

do you get a lot of business with the pressure washing?

is there any money in doing that service?
  4. DoetschOutdoor

from S. IL

Mowers and truck get washed and wiped down at least once a week. I cant stand letting my truck, bikes, or mowers get nasty. Yes, pressure washing is a good thing to get into if you already have a washer or can get a good deal on one. 99% of people do not own pressure washers and once they see how clean you can make their driveways, decks, siding, etc. they will be calling you out 2x a year. I do about 15-20 pressure washings a year, anywhere between $25-50/hour depending on how bad the surface needs cleaning
  5. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

How do you like that 36"? I heard it only has one hydro pump. How does it work?
  6. DoetschOutdoor

from S. IL

Yea, it is a single pump and I loved it until I got the 48" which has the brakes to turn it around. You kinda have to muscle the 36 in turns but after a few uses its really easy to pick up on and I usually just do a 3pt turn around. That was my first "big" mower and I still use it on about a 1/4 of my yards with backyard gates. Cuts real nice and have not had one problem in the 300 hours Ive put on it
  7. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

You must be from southern IL? Where are most of your accounts?
  8. jmurphy

jmurphy LawnSite Senior Member

I love your Ferris mowers, but I REALLY like that truck with those tires.
  9. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Awww your brought back some memories for me. I used to have a 48" ferris SD hydrowalk. Now belongs to my crew chief for his lawn.
  10. Moretta Lawn Care

Moretta Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Hey that is the way a mower should be... it is a Sunday ritual to clean mowers, trailer, truck, etc. If you treat the equipment right it will trat you right. I have never pulled up to a site with a problem with any of the equipment. *KNOCK ON WOOD*. I had a lady tell me one time that I am the only company she will use because she knows I will treat her property with respect and keep it clean because I keep my own stuff clean.