My grass and landscaping

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by jd75760, Apr 30, 2007.

1. jd75760

jd75760 LawnSite Member

These are a few pics of my house and yard. I moved in less than 2 years ago and the yard was dirt, and I tore out all the junk and started over from scratch. I have been working on my yard a lot and its starting to pay off.
    Neighbors stopping buy, and wanting me to come redo their lawns. My grandson loves walking barefoot in the grass, and yes I just had finished mowing it when the picture of him standing in it was taken. I mow it every other day.

grass mid April 005.jpg

grass mid April 001.jpg

grass mid April 003.jpg

grass mid April 002.jpg

grass mid April 006.jpg

2. jd75760

jd75760 LawnSite Member

I just realized the date is wrong on my camera. It should be 4-29-07

3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

looks very nice and thick! you mow high which is good!! i also think that the black mulch (or dirt whichever it is) looks really good with the lawn and house! It defines the beds rather nicely! :)

4. ribbie78

ribbie78 LawnSite Member

Those are some really good improvements. :clapping:

5. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

Very beautiful lawn and landscape ............congrats

6. Guzman Properties

Guzman Properties LawnSite Senior Member

GREAT looking lawn, keep up the great job!!

7. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

Looks like you got the black mulch like we did this year. I hadnt seen the black mulch much before this year but we've been having people stop by as well asking about it. Your yard looks really nice, keep up the work and it will only get better

8. jd75760

jd75760 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I had a couple of hickory trees taken down today, it really opened up my back yard. I guess the wife will want a pool put in now lol. I have been using Black mulch here for about 10 years. I like it because it holds its color longer especially if it has cole dust mixed in with it, and I can plant annuals in it also.

9. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I hope you kept the wood for BBQ.

10. rb_in_va

rb_in_va LawnSite Member
    from VA

Nice work! I used dark brown mulch in the planter bed I just did. I'm working on the grass now. It's coming along. The neighbor just commented yesterday on how nice the grass looks. It's funny because last year I admired his grass, and he said he had inherited good grass from the previous owner (we both bought our houses last spring). I guess he was right.:D

jd, got any before pics?