1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

My Gravely review

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by John Gamba, Jul 6, 2006.

1. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Today i had my gravely 15/48 in some tall wet grass and it did very well. It did miss here and there but it was acceptable. It did throw out puff balls but not clumps. The deck was almost clean underneath.

All and all its not a bad mower.

2. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

ok john, now lets test it under southern conditions. just drop ship it to me and i'll supply you a full review in 3-5 months :) :laugh:
  3. John Gamba

from ct

I'm crating it up as we type:laugh: I'll tell you its been 16 or so years since i did a gear drive, it gave me a work out todaycry:
  4. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Ahhhh gravely. We had a PRO-50 gear drive and absolutely loved it. Had the 18hp kohler magnum and that was one of the best mowers we ever owned. Had over 3,000 hours on it when we sold it and still going strong. Gravely equipment is built for the long haul so expect to own that bad boy for many many years.

There isnt very many brands we havent owned and gravely is right on top in our books.
  5. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

seriously, i'm glad you like it. hope it gives you great service. i wish there was a good gravley dealer around here. i think there is one, but the last time i was there, they didn't have anything but bob cat, hustler, and great dane in stock.
  6. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

For some reason, gravely is the most underrated brand in the industry. I have no clue why either, they make really top notch machines and dont try to sell you a product by slapping some fancy names on it and shoving it in your face. Down here I see 90% exmarks and 10% choppers. Hardly anything else mainly IMO because people buy what they see other people running. I run a 44z, has performed very well despite a few issues with the engine on it. How do you like the pro steer controls?
  7. John Gamba

from ct

It will get sold at the end of the season or by next spring. I'm looking at the hydro 52/19Kaw. I'm working on starting a Maintenance company to maintain the props i own and the ones we buy to sell or fix up to sell.

Hay!!!!Hows everybodys tan doing:) I'm getting there:laugh:
  8. John Gamba

from ct

Dealers where the problem and this is a pistol grip mower.
  9. justinc

justinc LawnSite Member

Ive had my pro g for about 3 months now and I love it. I really like the pro-steer controls, and the machine is built like a tank. Also their prices are alot better than some of the competitors. I highly recommend Gravely products.
  10. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

How many properties do you own. I want to try and save up 10-15% to put down on a double next year. I don't know if I would rent both halfs out or live in one, but I'd like to get some rentals. My parents are into fixing up houses (mainly their own), so they would probably help me out alot. They love putting down tiles and painting. Anyways, why are you starting a seperate maintenance company to maintain your properties instead of having a mowing crew do it. Is it because of tax purposes or what? Also, do you have some tips pertaining to buying, fixing, selling/renting properties. Is there any way to combat the insane property taxes or easier ways to manage them? Thanks for any answers or advice.

-Nick Howard