My Home Made Striper For The 21"

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Kennedy Landscaping, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Why waste the time with a striper on other mowers then? If one of my mowers stripes I want them all to stripe. Plus I use the 21" most times on my own lawn and I like it to be striped.

2. Cuttinitclose

Cuttinitclose LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks Good!

3. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

That's a cool idea! The rubber flap on the back of my mower tore off a long time ago. Might need to make one of these.

4. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks
    Mine hadn't broke off yet but when I mounted the striper I took it off anyways.

5. J & D Greens

J & D Greens LawnSite Senior Member

Hey I mow only with 21" mowers (my yards are not all that big.) and would really like to see some pictures of the strips you make with your kit. I would like to see if it would be worth my while to try some thing like that on my toro's. Thanks David

6. newjerseylandscaping

newjerseylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

hey late question but do your feet when you walk affect the stripe? thanks

7. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Looks good .nice job.

8. Tyler's Lawn Maintenance

Tyler's Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

I have a striper similar to his on my 21", and when I mow at about 3", mostly fescue and rye grass, I leave foot steps in the grass and I only weigh around 150.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. newjerseylandscaping

newjerseylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

thats what i thought, always walk next to the mower to achive a good stripe with it, i have the same one he has above.

10. lawnstriper23

lawnstriper23 LawnSite Senior Member

Why stripe with a 21" walk behind you ask? See my picture and you will get your answer.
    This picture was taken back in 2008 when I still mowed with a 21" push mower. I have since purchased a ZTR, but thought I would post this picture.
    Enjoy :)

HPIM0538.jpg