My homemade load-handler

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FrankenScagMachines, Oct 17, 2003.

1. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Cost about $15 but I had most of the supplies already. Put two people in on it and couldn't notice they were there! can't wait for the leaves might start cleanups next week!!! woo-hoo!! Removable, just loosen straps and take them off and it comes right off in a second. The handle slips in and out so you can fold up the tailgate. The drag cloth was a heavy duty tarp my brother made a couple years ago, it's a canvas painter's backdrop cloth with heavy all purpose exterior paint on it, very tough and durable tarp (want to have him make me more :D )

oct16440.jpg

2. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

Would like to find some shorter straps a black color would be nicer...

oct16441.jpg

3. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

Tailgate shut, it stays tucked away just inside (on top when tailgate is lowered). Not just like the boughten ones, but it will work great I think.

oct16445.jpg

4. CNYScapes

CNYScapes LawnSite Senior Member

Looks Great! Anythings better than humping off those leaves every night.

5. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

Thanks, LOL that is what I think too. I suspect it will be handy for alot of other stuff too.

6. turfcare

turfcare LawnSite Senior Member

Looks Great.:)

7. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

thank you, thank you, thank you very much

8. SpudsM15

SpudsM15 LawnSite Senior Member

Do you tie down the gate to something or does it just stay open???
    I could see the gate folding up when there is some load on it.. get what i mean???

9. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

Yup I know what ya mean and to be honest I can’t answer that question, never had any real amount of weight on it yet. Two people don’t come close to a truckload of leaves. I couldn’t find a pic to show anything about this on the boughten ones, so everything about this was almost a stab in the dark, trial and error. It rained last night and this morning maybe I’ll go into town and suck some wet leaves from the curbs and see how it does with a half truckload that way if it doesn’t work it won’t be as much effort to manually unload LOL. One would think the tailgate would need held down but since it’s pulling straight across the tailgate and not at an angle it might not. Does anyone have a boughten one and could help out with this? Thanks.

10. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

What part of the business is the cat for??Mouse removal??