My Homemade Striper!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bbailey, Aug 26, 2006.

1. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

From his first pictures it looks like it's on the ground. If you want your stripes to stand out more just make it more rigid (thicker rubber or something to brace it further down). I like the lights stripes. Looks fine. Hustler makes one almost identical. link to pic http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=156692

2. TrpD345

TrpD345 LawnSite Member

I have made one like yours , but mine was bolted to the higher two holes on the back of my 737. I bent the angle iron in to get the correct angle. It has already caused me to get stuck in a ditch. I just don't like the angle iron hanging down in the rear.

3. bbailey

bbailey LawnSite Member
    from Vermont

I thought about bolting a second piece of rubber on it to make it more rigid. I am in the experimental stages with it and I may add to it. So far I have not had a problem with it getting hung up in any ditches.

4. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

sorry guys but any idea on where to get a semi mudflap. Do you think Advance auto parts would have them.

5. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Just go to a big truck stop. More than likely you can find one laying around or a bad one in the mechanics shop that has been torn off. Truck drivers are always backing up to curbs and tearing them off. Or you can buy a new one there.

6. bbailey

bbailey LawnSite Member
    from Vermont

The one I used I got at Napa. Any parts store should be able to get you one. Good luck!

7. mx495

mx495 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MO

Yea, Napa makes all different lengths.

8. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

How wide is your mower? Also do you guys think it works better with it in between the tires length or as wides as the tires?

9. mx495

mx495 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MO

I like it the width between the tires. The tires are like big rollers anyway.

10. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

It doesn't look very sturdy... if you got it caught on a curb or the edge of your trailer gate it would probably break off. just my opinion.