1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

My homemade striping kit -- see my pics!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by jlbf0786, Apr 22, 2010.

1. kjslawn

kjslawn LawnSite Senior Member

This is all I have ever done. No one knows its there, never gets in the way. Good job

2. Bryce Mock

Bryce Mock LawnSite Member

agreed!!! ..........

3. GrassIsGreenerLawnCare

GrassIsGreenerLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

no there not at all. my exmark 48 and my toro have em and my gravely 36 doesnt. ill show u the difference if u go to my pics tomrow. then tell me that they are overrated. ive never owned a zturn so i cant argue w/ that but i know the walk behinds stripe awesome w/ kits. im just curious as to why u would say that???? what mower do u have that does not have a striper of any sort on it that stripes great?

4. clean_cut

clean_cut LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks GREAT!

If you don't mind telling, how much was the mat from NAPA, I was looking at horse stall mats from tractor supply, but they were way too big and around $30. A little expensive I think.

Also, how thick is the mat to make those amazing stripes, the horse stall mats looked way too thick at around 3/4 of an inch.

5. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

you don't want that horse stall matt.....I found an old Truck Mud Flap, it worked good on one mower. I'd get the rubber belting that they sell by the foot. Like a few bucks a foot, about 1/8" thick and however long you want.

6. clean_cut

clean_cut LawnSite Bronze Member

O.K. Where is this found? An auto parts store? Lowes?

Thanks.

7. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

Looks really nice I may do that soon

8. A.Landscaping

A.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I too want to know were you buy the mats because i went to Napas yesterday and found nothing. Do you just use a Mud flap or something?

9. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

TSC *tractor supply company* or a similar farm store. It is for a hay bailer, (i think)

10. thu cutting edge

thu cutting edge LawnSite Senior Member

i have exmark turf tracers and they dont have stripe kits on them and they put down some of the best stripes we have. i would compare to my turf tigers.