My homemade striping kit -- see my pics!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by jlbf0786, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Fill it with concrete. Much better result, thats what I made my 21" striper out of.

To the OP, Looks good. Nice job

2. jlbf0786

jlbf0786 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Charlotte, NC

hey guys,

you can also get a peice of rubber flashing from Lowes in the carpet/flooring section and it works really well.
    "thats actually whats on the husky that striped these pics."
    not too sure what to call the rubber peice but its definately in the flooring section and comes in about a 1-1/2 ft strip, and costs about $5.00 or so.
    ive also used the mud flaps for big rigs that you can get at almost any NAPA.
    I think the mud flap i bought a few months ago costs like $12.00 or so.

Also, the reason i didnt put it all the way across the back of the deck is b/c
    theres no use and the rubber peice is only so long. No point.

Thanks for the positive feedback, much appreciated!!!

-J. Barringer
    Charlotte NC
    CPCC Turfgrass Technology 2010

3. 1999frontier

1999frontier LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

I went to Lowes yesterday and I couldn't find anything. I asked the salesman in the flooring section and they said they didn't have anything like that. I guess each Lowes is different. Also, tried home depot and they told me to try tractor supply. Hopefully I will get there today or tomorrow. I think the semi truck mudflap I bought before was too hard. I didn't give at all and reminded me of hard plastic.

4. lawnservicefreak22

lawnservicefreak22 LawnSite Member

do you remember how much the rubber cost?

5. MMADDUX

MMADDUX LawnSite Member

Hey jlbf0786 I have just about the same mower as you do. except it is a 2005 and has the ECS instead of the pistol grips. Was thinking about making something just never got around to doing it. Did you mower stripe very well before? Mine doesn't stripe very well. Will have to get to work.
    Thanks for the good info. will put it to good use.

Also to all who do not know what he used. It is a vinal trim that is used as a baseboard in commercial buildings. can be found at lowes and other hardware stores.

6. exmark user

exmark user LawnSite Senior Member

OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH good observation.

7. MMADDUX

MMADDUX LawnSite Member

What the heck is that for??:confused::confused::confused:
    Was just letting him know his stuff was nice and I might use the info.
    Also others could not find the vinal trim and was just letting them know what it is.

8. exmark user

exmark user LawnSite Senior Member

I was not being mean I simply meant good eye I coudnt figure out what it was then you said that and i rung a bell of the schools floor molding ( not ewww I meant oh )

9. MMADDUX

MMADDUX LawnSite Member

Ok got you. Sorry about that.
    Sorry jlbf0786's for messing up your thread.

10. loupiscopolandscaping

loupiscopolandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

good idea! does it ever clump up the grass if its tall and thick? i wouldnt think so but, i like ur idea