1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

My humble beginnings

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by pwarren4, Jun 29, 2004.

1. Hello all!

I wanted to post some pics of my rig, so here it goes.

I'm doing this part time for the first time this season, and I've been out having a lotta fun.

I know, I know, my outfit is unorthodox - but it works!

2. I didn't intend to do this when I bought the car - it was bought for my 45 mile commute to my full time job - and it does that really well getting 30 mpg and all.

It does allot better than I thought it would with the trailer. It really isn't a problem!

3. The trailer - The Metro is an amazing machine!
  4. Oops - left the pic off that last one

5. One last one - and as always comments and suggestions are welcome!

6. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

Nice setup, small, to the point, and clean.

Do you have a need for any kind of trim mower, or are you able to handle all your jobs with just the Exmark?

Also, have you gotten into hauling stuff away (grass clippings, bushes, etc.) yet? Just wondered how you are going to handle that, only drawback I see to the vehicle.

Nice though, any plans on lettering or advertising for it?
  7. bettergrass

bettergrass LawnSite Member

what size trailer is that?
  8. I've been able to get away with the Exmark as far as trimming goes, there are a couple spots in the yards I cut that I wish I had a 21" - I just handle it with the trimmer though - haven't justified hauling a push mower around - yet.

As far as hauling stuff away - not really an issue - I don't list it as a service on my flyers - and I haven't been asked to - yet.

Advertising on the trailer? Undecided - been relying on flyers and word of mouth so far.

The trailer is just a 5' x 8'
  9. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

How do you feel about the expanded metal on the floor of the trailer instead of wood? How does that work out for you?
  10. The expanded metal floor works great for what I'm doing - no complaints.

But I'd want a wood floor if I was hauling any real weight, so it wouldn't sag between the braces.

Also, a wood floor would be mandatory if I was hauling in mulch, dirt, or the like.

But for hauling the mower - really, it works great.

Besides, water drainage is not an issue!